Recipe by kmergirl
Warm up this winter with a fiesta-inspired soup. This is sure to satisfy on a chilly day. Top or stir in sliced green onions, shredded cheese, zesty salsa or tortilla chips for a flavorful twist.
Top Review by Kerry G
Very good! I made it as followed, and added a drained can of rotel to the pot before i stirred in the cheese. We added chopped green onions, tortialla chips, and fajita seasoned chicken to our bowls of soup, and it was a filling and delicious meal on a snowy day. The soup is almost the consistency of queso, and i'm sure you could play with the flavors a bit depending on the kind of cheese you add. Very good and very easy to make, we'll definitely make this again.
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix evaporated milk, broth and flour in medium saucepan over medium- high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Stir in cayenne pepper and cheese, 1/2 cup at a time, allowing each addition to be melted before adding more cheese. Remove from heat. Serve with desired toppings.
- Toppings: sliced green onions, additional shredded cheddar cheese, salsa and/or tortilla chips (optional).