Recipe by BamaKathy
My friend shared this recipe with me, and I was so reluctant because I don't even like Doritos, but she insisted I try it, and my whole family LOVED it. It is moist and has such a great flavor and even smells yummy cooking! Now I make it often. I pound the breast to flatten them and make them cook faster.
Top Review by SarahAGood16
Let me start by saying, my husband is a professional chef, but I wanted to surprise him with something easy and tasty for dinner and he loved it! He did suggest to pepper the chicken before the mayo step for a bit more flavor, I used Chicken thighs because that's what I had in the house along with Doritos. It turned out very juicy- I did add the butter as well but had excess fat in the pan and could have easily left it out or reduced. However the chicken was very succulent. For thighs I baked at 375 for forty minutes.
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups nacho cheese flavor Doritos, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put chicken breasts in zip-lock bag and pound to flatten somewhat.
- Combine mayonnaise and Italian Seasoning in wide bowl.
- Crush Doritos in a zip-lock into pencil eraser sized pieces (or smaller).
- Roll chicken in the mayo mixture and then roll in Dorito crumbs.
- Place in casserole dish and drizzle with melted butter all over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered thirty minutes.