Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I think this is an Heloise recipe. Strange ingredients with an excellent result.
- 1 cup pinto beans, cooked without seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 ounces butter
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 9-inch pie shell, unbaked
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain and beats beans until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, corn syrup, vanilla and salt.
- Mix in beans.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Sprinkle pecans on top.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Serve with whipped cream or cool whip.
I used Splenda for baking and it is still teeth chattering sweet. I guess since It's a kind of a "mock Pecan" pie that shouldn't have suprised me. I doubled to get two pies, and got 4! Thank goodness I had extra pie shells. It's an interesting pie but not exceptional. Thanks for sharing it!