Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Moist, spicy, and packed full of zucchini, this is a great way to use this veggie and sneak it into anyone who says they don't like zucchini!! Just a note...I had to omit the teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice because I had a bit of a "spicy" complaint...It's wonderful with it, but if you have someone who is sensitive to spice...omit it ;) Let me know what you think!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray nonstick spray onto two 8x4x2 1/2-inch metal loaf pans. Line bottoms with parchment paper. This will make it so much easier to remove the loaves from the pan later.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and spices and whisk together in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk throughly together the sugars, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add the zucchini to the wet ingredients and whisk throughly.
- Add the dry ingredients and walnuts and whisk into the wet ingredients until you no longer see the flour.
- Pour the batter evenly into the loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until a tester comes out mostly clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and pull the loaves out of the pans.