Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
It should have been a simple spanish rice, but then it mutated *eek*...Can be adapted to a heart healthier version by using chicken or turkey in place of the beef, using a low sodium version of the soy sauce and the canned soup as well as using instant brown rice in place of the white rice...
- 1 lb stewing beef or 1 lb skinless boneless turkey breasts (cut up) or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut up)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (Kikkoman low sodium preferred)
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) can campbell's tomato soup, undiluted (low sodium if available)
- 1 cup long grain white rice or 1 cup instant brown rice, uncooked
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- Saute the meat until browned, with the onion and garlic in the oil in a large pan.
- Add the soy sauce, water, and tomato soup; Heat until boiling; Add the rice and mixed veg, then lower heat.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until rice is done.