Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
B"H This recipe makes an awesome crunchy fried chicken tender. Everyone raves about how good this schnitzel is. It's just a modification of the recipe my mother used for fried chicken, but using matzo meal instead of flour. I make several pounds at a time and freeze it for later use. It freezes well and is great hot or cold!
- Rinse chicken breast in cold water.
- Pound to 1/4" thickness with flat side of meat tenderizer.
- Slice chicken into strips or nuggets.
- In a medium sized, flat bottomed dish, combine matzo meal, garlic salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In a separate flat bottomed dish, beat three eggs.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or skillet until the surface shimmers, about medium high.
- Dip chicken strips one at a time into eggs, then dip the egg soaked strip into the matzo meal mixture to coat.
- DIP THE STRIP A SECOND TIME into the eggs and once again into the matzo meal to coat.
- Put the strips carefully into the hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 6-8 minutes. If using a skillet turn strips half way through.
- Drain on paper towels.