B"H This recipe makes an awesome crunchy fried chicken tender. Everyone raves about how good this schnitzel is. It's just a modification of the recipe my mother used for fried chicken, but using matzo meal instead of flour. I make several pounds at a time and freeze it for later use. It freezes well and is great hot or cold!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse chicken breast in cold water.
- 2Pound to 1/4" thickness with flat side of meat tenderizer.
- 3Slice chicken into strips or nuggets.
- 4In a medium sized, flat bottomed dish, combine matzo meal, garlic salt and pepper. Mix well.
- 5In a separate flat bottomed dish, beat three eggs.
- 6Heat oil in a deep fryer or skillet until the surface shimmers, about medium high.
- 7Dip chicken strips one at a time into eggs, then dip the egg soaked strip into the matzo meal mixture to coat.
- 8DIP THE STRIP A SECOND TIME into the eggs and once again into the matzo meal to coat.
- 9Put the strips carefully into the hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 6-8 minutes. If using a skillet turn strips half way through.
- 10Drain on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Schnitzel Recipe, (Or Fried Chicken Tenders)
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.2
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 196.1 mg
- Sodium 166.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 29.3 g