Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
B"H This recipe makes an awesome crunchy fried chicken tender. Everyone raves about how good this schnitzel is. It's just a modification of the recipe my mother used for fried chicken, but using matzo meal instead of flour. I make several pounds at a time and freeze it for later use. It freezes well and is great hot or cold!
- Rinse chicken breast in cold water.
- Pound to 1/4" thickness with flat side of meat tenderizer.
- Slice chicken into strips or nuggets.
- In a medium sized, flat bottomed dish, combine matzo meal, garlic salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In a separate flat bottomed dish, beat three eggs.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or skillet until the surface shimmers, about medium high.
- Dip chicken strips one at a time into eggs, then dip the egg soaked strip into the matzo meal mixture to coat.
- DIP THE STRIP A SECOND TIME into the eggs and once again into the matzo meal to coat.
- Put the strips carefully into the hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 6-8 minutes. If using a skillet turn strips half way through.
- Drain on paper towels.