Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This freezes well and is great for lunch if you are following a Weight Watchers points plan as it has 0 points and for when you are short on points and time! :)
- 1 kg fresh pumpkin (roughly chopped, butternut is best)
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon green herb stock (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- Put everything into a large pot and cover with water.
- Boil until the pumpkin is soft.
- Do NOT remove any water.
- Using a stab mixer/blender, puree everything until smooth.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired when serving.
A super easy pumpin soup. I did use 1 cup of homemade concentrated vegetable stock and topped the rest with water, though next time I would add a little less water so as to have a slightly thicker consistency. Served with recipe #209427 and side salad. I think served like this you would get 4 to 6 serves. Thank you Jogreen, made for Healthy Choices.
Very good base for a pumpkin soup. I like mine with a little oomph to it so I added a little curry powder. Had it with toasted pumpernickel bread and it was AMAZING. Thanks Jogreen.