Recipe by Mallina Cashew
VERY rich and VERY tasty recipe. My mom made it up and it is close to her Polish cheesecakes(lots of eggs). It makes a lot of servings but I'm sure it could be halved (taking away or adding an egg). Eat once a year because the flavour and heaviness may last a while!!
Top Review by Darlene Summers
Mallina, This was my first try at cheesecake from scratch,(I always made the no-cook box ones);) Lazy mans way :) This cheesecake was excellent,and VERY rich. I will make it again someday(for something Special) but not often,because of all the egg yolks,(I have to watch my cholesterol).I just wanted to do ths once in my life,and it was worth the effort, Thanks for an excellent recipe!!! Darlene Summers
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 (250 g) packages cream cheese
- 2 (950 g) packages mascarpone cheese
- 500 g baker's cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 11 egg yolks (I know its a lot, USE THEM!)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 11 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup raisins (or both) or 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts (or both)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup milk (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything and press into 10x15-inch pan or dish.
- Mix cream cheese, mascarpone, and bakers cheese together in FOOD PROCESSOR.
- ADD sugar and mix.
- ADD 11 egg yolks and extracts; mix.
- Beat egg whites in a clean, dry bowl with clean, dry beaters.
- FOLD into the cheese mixture.
- MIX in the raisins and/or nuts.
- BAKE at 350F for 40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- ---CHOCOLATE TOPPING---.
- Put chocolate and milk in sauce pan on low heat and stir constantly until chocolate is melted.
- Pour over baked cake.
- Store the leftover cheesecake in the fridge.