Baileys Irish Cream Chocolate Cheesecake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 6 ounces chocolate cookie crumbs
- 2 ounces confectioners' sugar
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 ounces butter, melted
- 1 lb cream cheese, softened
- 9 ounces superfine sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 4 1⁄4 ounces sour cream or 4 1/4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 4 tablespoons irish cream, such as Baileys
- Preheat oven to 350°F In a large bowl, mix together the cookie crumbs, confectioner's sugar and 5 tablespoons cocoa. Add melted butter and stir until well mixed.
- Pat into the bottom of a 9in loose-bottomed or springform cake tin. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes; set aside. Increase oven temperature to 450°F.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, superfine sugar, 4 tablespoons cocoa and flour. Beat at medium speed until well blended and smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in the soured cream and Baileys liqueur; mixing on low speed. Pour filling over biscuit base.
- Bake at 450F for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 200F and continue baking for 60 minutes.
- With a knife, loosen cake from sides of tin. Allow to cool slightly, then push up base of the tin to remove cheesecake. Chill before serving. If your cake cracks, a helpful tip is to dampen a palette knife and smooth the top, then sprinkle with some cookie crumbs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)