Recipe by hippychick
A meat spread to eat with toast or crackers..not especially healthy but very traditional french canadian fare....and also delicious. It's really good with mustard on toast in the morning, or lunch...yummmmy.
- 2 lbs ground lean pork
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can water
- 1⁄2 cup finely minced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the ground pork, minced onion and garlic,dry mustard, allspice, salt and pepper in a medium size pot and begin to cook on med. high heatuntil meat looses some of its pinkness -- add the can of soup and water and cook till the mixture begins to bubble. Lower heat and let simmer 1/2 hr, stirring often so it doesn't stick.
- When the mixture has cooked and cooled, put into food processor and pulse -- careful not to make it too fine -- you want it a wee bit chunky but spreadable.
- You can put it into small plastic containers.or as mom does -- freeze in ice cube trays -- then pop out just one at a time.
- It's a good idea to seal with bacon fat -- unhealthy but it does seem to give it good flavor and keep it moist.