Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another one posted on the forum. My Mom always cooked with lard or Mrs. Tuckers shortenting but you can use what ever shortening you like.
- Cut shortening into flour ( I use a pastry blendr but my Mom used her fingers) until crumbly.
- Pour all of the milk in at once.
- Mix briskly and lightly with a fork until dough clings together in a soft ball.
- The less you work the dough the tender the biscuit.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface.
- Knead about 5 times.
- Lightly pat dough to a 1/2 inch thickness.
- We pat the dough out with our hands instead of using a rolling pin.
- Cut biscuits with a 2 3/4 inch round cutter.
- Place the biscuits 1 inch apart on a ungreased baking sheet.
- My Mom baked her biscuits at 450* but I bake mine at 375* for about 15 minutes.
- Brush the tops of biscuits with melted butter the minute they come out of the oven.