1/1 Photo of My Mediterranean Chicken With Olives.
1 hr 20 mins
Um Safia's Note:
A satisfying chicken dish with a mediterranean flavour. Very easy to prepare and ready in less than 90 minutes. Serve with fresh crusty bread, pasta or salad for a hearty meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 75 g sliced spicy sausage (Mergez etc.)
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 400 g of chopped plum tomatoes
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 300 ml hot chicken stock
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 75 g pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Preheat the oven to 160c/gas3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan (preferably non stick). Seal the chicken on both sides - it will turn white. Place in casserole dish.
- 2Add the megez, pepper and garlic to the pan and cook for a few minutes, keep stirring.
- 3Add the tomatoes and the stock then bring to the boil.
- 4Pour the tomato mixture over the chicken, cover with a tight fitting lid and place in the oven to cook for 1 hour.
- 5Remove the casserole and take out the chicken. Blend the cornflour with 1 tbsp cold water to form paste, add 2tbsp of the gravy to the cornflour and stir into the casserole. Heat gently on the stove top, stirring well until slightly thickened or return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- 6Return the chicken to the casserole dish and add the olives. Remove rosemary sprigs before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Mediterranean Chicken With Olives.
Serving Size: 1 (493 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.2
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 165.2 mg
- Sodium 854.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 56.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: