Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is the best meatloaf I have ever eaten. This recipe has been passed down in my family for years, and has gotten better with time. A delicious, homemade, country meal!
- 1 lb hamburger (ground chuck, groud sirloin, regular, whichever you like)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or 1 cup stove top herb crumbs seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 (2 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup yellow sweet onion, diced
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced (optional)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- Mix all ingredients together.
- (*you mix the 3 tbs of ketchup into mixture*).
- Put aluminum foil on the bottom of the bottom of the casserole dish or oven pan, and grease it.
- Add meatloaf to pan, and spread thick layer of ketchup over top of meatloaf.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Take aluminum foil off the top of meatloaf and bake for an additional 15 minutes to get the top baked.
- (*tip: I have always dipped my meatloaf bites into ketchup also*).
- (*I think heinz is the best, but hunt's is also good*).
This was a great meatloaf recipe, I've been trying many differnt meatloaf recipe's over the years to try to get one that hubby and kids will all enjoy and this was finally the one! I did have to alter the ingrediants a little since I used what I had on hand, and instead of tomato paste I used tomato soup and I omitted the onion and green pepper since the kids aren't big fans of either, I also used stove top suffing and it was excelletn!!!
This is a great meatloaf recipe. I made it exactly according to the recipe and it came out great. Thanks for the recipe!!
I love this recipe but I thought it had a little to much tomato in it so I left out the tomato paste altogether and I liked it even more. It held together better also. I have to double this recipe for my family