Chef Sunshine's Note:
This is the best meatloaf I have ever eaten. This recipe has been passed down in my family for years, and has gotten better with time. A delicious, homemade, country meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb hamburger (ground chuck, groud sirloin, regular, whichever you like)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or 1 cup stove top herb crumbs seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 (2 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4-1/3 cup yellow sweet onion, diced
- 1/4-1/3 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced (optional)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1Mix all ingredients together.
- 2(*you mix the 3 tbs of ketchup into mixture*).
- 3Put aluminum foil on the bottom of the bottom of the casserole dish or oven pan, and grease it.
- 4Add meatloaf to pan, and spread thick layer of ketchup over top of meatloaf.
- 5Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- 6Take aluminum foil off the top of meatloaf and bake for an additional 15 minutes to get the top baked.
- 7(*tip: I have always dipped my meatloaf bites into ketchup also*).
- 8(*I think heinz is the best, but hunt's is also good*).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.6
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 91.2 mg
- Sodium 959.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 16.7 g