Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the recipe I have evolved from my mum's cookery over the years. My kids looove this. This is for cheese lovers. It can be made with whole wheat pasta as well..(kids cant' tell the difference)
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups skim evaporated milk
- 1 cup ordinary skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated muenster cheese
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup kraft imperial cheese (1/2 tub)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter.
- Stir in flour and cook a bit to lose rawness.
- Whisk in milks. Continue stirring till mixture boils and thickens.
- Add worcestershire sauce, hot sauce,Dijon Mustard, Paprika, salt, white pepper, onion garlic Powder if using.
- Add cheeses, and heat and stir till melted.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Treat a 2 quart casserole with cooking spray.
- and add the pasta alternately with the sauce.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in small saucepan stir in basil, crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- sprinkle over top of casseroole.
- Bake at 350f for 45 - 50 minutes.