1 hr 5 mins
This is the recipe I have evolved from my mum's cookery over the years. My kids looove this. This is for cheese lovers. It can be made with whole wheat pasta as well..(kids cant' tell the difference)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups skim evaporated milk
- 1 cup ordinary skim milk
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated muenster cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup kraft imperial cheese (1/2 tub)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- 2In a medium saucepan melt butter.
- 3Stir in flour and cook a bit to lose rawness.
- 4Whisk in milks. Continue stirring till mixture boils and thickens.
- 5Add worcestershire sauce, hot sauce,Dijon Mustard, Paprika, salt, white pepper, onion garlic Powder if using.
- 6Add cheeses, and heat and stir till melted.
- 7Stir in sour cream.
- 8Treat a 2 quart casserole with cooking spray.
- 9and add the pasta alternately with the sauce.
- 10Melt 1/4 cup butter in small saucepan stir in basil, crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- 11sprinkle over top of casseroole.
- 12Bake at 350f for 45 - 50 minutes.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Macaroni & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 812.3
- Calories from Fat 395
- Total Fat 43.9 g
- Saturated Fat 27.2 g
- Cholesterol 130.5 mg
- Sodium 1478.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 37.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: