Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Just made these up tonight. Pretty tasety
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, french style
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Melt butter in a saute pan. Add bacon and cook until done but not crispy.
- Add next 4 ingredients and saute until onions are slightly browned and soft.
- Add green beans and heat through. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
Green beans are my favorite vegetable and these were very yummy. I used fresh haricots verts and steamed them for about 4 minutes. I used center cut bacon so the bacon did not generate too much grease. I also added about a teaspoon of sugar. Thanks for sharing.
Yum! These were so good. I made as directed but did as AZPARZYCH suggested and added the butter after draining the grease. My grandson thought that these were the best part of dinner. Thanks for sharing this great keeper. Made for Best of 2012 Tag.
LOVE these green beans!! Had all my favorites mixed in and they were quick and easy to make. Not sure if I liked cooking the bacon in the butter, may try cooking the bacon, draining the grease and then adding the butter and continuing on from there... Made for 2012 Spring PAC.