Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is my homemade stuffing. Contains parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme, hence the title. Feel free to make this stovetop, though I do not have the cooking times for this method. I make mine in the cooker, Hope you enjoy.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 loaf stale low-fat sourdough bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- Saute onions and celery in butter in a non-stick skillet until transparent.
- Remove from heat, and stir in fresh herbs, and seasonings.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl. Add onion/herb mixture, add enough broth to moisten.
- Mix well, but gently, turn into a greased slow cooker.
- Cover, cook on high for 1 hour, reduce heat to low, and continue cooking for 3-4 hours.
Got so many complimants on this for Thanksgiving! I loved it beacuse I chopped everything the day before and mixed up and cooked while the turkey was in the oven. Great recipe with (what I consider) traditional Thanksgiving flavors!
Wonderful and oh so easy! Also a bit healthier as it isn't cooked in the bird! Thanks for sharing!