Sometimes, I just don't want to separately make a meat, a vegetable and a starch. This is an awesome all in one salad that my family and I enjoy often. The salad and the french fries in the salad are inspired by a restaurant called "The Decade" in Pittsburgh, which is sadly no longer in existence. You can really do whatever you want with this recipe - any ingredients - any dressings; I'm just sharing the way that we usually do it. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 13 ounces lettuce (bagged lettuce of your choice or pick, wash and hand-tear your own)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced (or 4 Romas)
- 1 1/2 lbs New York strip steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb frozen french fries (I use Ore-Ida Golden, Crinkle, or Waffle, but use your favorite)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt (or you can use regular salt)
- 1 cup pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups croutons
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle salad dressing (I use Good Seasons, but Ranch or Blue Cheese or your favorite will work well, too, use to taste)
- 1Using 4 dinner-sized bowls, layer the lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, and eggs.
- 2Take your steaks out of the refrigerator, rub them with olive oil and season with the salt and freshly ground pepper. Leave them out for 30 minutes. This relaxes the meat fibers.
- 3Preheat the oven to 450 degrees, or whatever the instructions on your french fries call for.
- 4At the same time, preheat your grill for about 450 degrees for the steaks.
- 5After your oven preheats, put your fries in the oven.
- 6At the same time, put your steaks on the grill. Flip them after 6-8 minutes and cook for an additional 6-8 minutes for medium-rare/medium. Your fries will be done or close to done at the same time as the steaks.
- 7When done, turn off your oven, season your fries with the seasoned or regular salt. Put the fries on the salads.
- 8Slice the steak into bite sized pieces and distribute the pieces over the fries.
- 9Sprinkle the salads with the mozzarella cheese and croutons.
- 10Pour on the salad dressing in the amount that you desire and toss if you wish.
- 11Enjoy this delicious all-in-one meal!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Steak Salad (With French Fries!!!)
Serving Size: 1 (640 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 908.2
- Calories from Fat 483
- Total Fat 53.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 285.4 mg
- Sodium 1342.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 52.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: