This recipe makes very good savory scones or even biscuits (minus the sugar). You can add dried fruit, nuts, chocolate, orange zest, just about anything.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- 3Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 4Cut in Crisco with a knife or pastry blender.
- 5Combine egg and milk.
- 6Mix egg mixture into flour mixture until moistened.
- 7Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly.
- 8Pat dough into a circle 1/2 inch thick.
- 9Cut into 8 wedges and place onto baking sheet.
- 10Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Scones
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.0
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.7 mg
- Sodium 396.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 6.6 g