1/2 Photos of My Favorite French Toast
An amazing breakfast for a special occasion! I saw this on a cooking show and my Husband ran out the following weekend to buy all the ingredients and made it for me. That was the first time in 9 years he's made me breakfast.....in one word "YUMMY"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 extra-large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half or 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon good honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 loaf challah (egg bread)
- unsalted butter
- vegetable oil
- 1Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- 2In a large shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, orange zest, vanilla, honey and salt.
- 3Slice the challah in 3/4-inch thick slices.
- 4Soak as many slices in the egg mixture as possible for 5 minutes, turning once.
- 5Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a very large saute pan over medium heat.
- 6Add the soaked bread and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until nicely browned.
- 7Place the cooked French toast on a sheet pan and keep it warm in the oven.
- 8Fry the remaining soaked bread slices, adding butter and oil as needed, until it's all cooked.
- 9Serve hot with maple syrup, raspberry preserves, and/or confectioners' sugar.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.6
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 370.5 mg
- Sodium 830.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 22.9 g