Recipe by Virginia Cherry Blossom
Simple, Easy, and Delicious Baked Cherry Cheesecake. I have been making my Cherry Cheesecakes for years just like my Mom and this is still my favorite way to make them. Note: I find it easiest to whip the eggs in a food processor.
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (Large in size)
- 2 medium eggs, room temperature
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whip eggs one at a time. Add cream cheese and blend until smooth. Add sugar and blend. Add vanilla and lemon juice, then blend.
- Fold into shell.
- Bake in a 350 F oven for 25 - 30 minutes until firm. The cheesecake is done when the sides are puffed but the center will not be as puffed; it will be possible to jiggle the center slightly but it will not be runny.
- Let the pie cool and then refrigerate overnight. The cherries can be added to the top either before putting in the fridge or the next day.