Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very dense moist banana bread. I have been making it for years and everyone raves over it.
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml margarine or 78.07 ml butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 354.88 ml mashed ripe bananas (3 to 4 medium)
- 78.07 ml water
- 395.10 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of loaf pan.
- Mix sugar and margarine in 2 1/2 quart bowl. Stir in eggs until blended. Add bananas and water; beat 30 seconds. Stir in remaining ingredients except nuts just until moistened; stir in nuts. Pour into pan.
- Bake until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 8-inch loaf 1 1/4 hours, 9-inch loaf 55 to 60 minutes; cool 5 minutes. Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove and cool completely before slicing.
Followed the recipe right on down & did leave out the nuts, wanting, as I did, the full flavor of the bananas for the bread! Then, the very first slice I had was spread with a thin layer of sweet potato butter, & I was in heaven! Love your bread, & will be keeping the recipe around! Thanks so much! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]