Top Review by agingangied
My sister made these cookies and brought them for Christmas dessert, I begged for the recipe. I also kept what she brought and have been munching on them all afternoon..(shame on me) Delish..I will be making these as soon as I get the ingredients.
- 1⁄4 cup Smart Balance light butter spread, softened (this should be the stick butter, not the soft tub-style)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 cup almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut, toasted until golden brown
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 and prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Toast almond and coconut (not together) and chop almonds once cooled. To toast almonds, I bake at 350 for 10 minutes until fragrant. To toast coconut, I use a small skillet on medium heat and shake until coconut is golden brown (removed quickly as unsweetened coconut goes from done to burnt very fast).
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using stand mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Continuing to run mixer on medium, add egg, egg whites and vanilla, one at a time and mix until combined.
- With your mixer turned to low, add dry ingredients until flour is incorporated.
- Stir in mini-chocolate chips, toasted coconut and toasted chopped almonds.
- Drop with a cookie scoop (1.5T) onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown on edges.
- Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire rack to cool completely.