Recipe by kate09
Don't knock it till you try it! This is extremely low cal. If you use fat free cottage cheese you get 40 calories for 1/4 cup. Boullion cube is 5 calories and 3 cups of lettuce is under 20 calories. So the whole things is less than 65 calories but tastes rich and creamy.
Top Review by Kiki Freebird
You're right... don't knock it till you try it. It's actually surprisingly good. I changed the amounts a bit... after chopping up 3 cups of lettuce, I decided just to chop the rest of the head and toss the whole thing in the food processor. I therefore eyeballed everything else & used about a cup and a half of cottage cheese and 4 garlic cloves. I must admit, next time I make this, I'll probably just use 2 cloves... the way I made it was a bit too garlicky :-) This is very light, but still warm and satisfying. Who'd have thought?! Good job on this creation... I'll make it again!
- 3 cups lettuce (shredded)
- 4 g chicken bouillon cubes or 4 g vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove
- ground pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place clove of garlic into food processor, add fresh shredded lettuce and puree. The leaves of lettuce will not cut up too well but don't worry about it.
- Place the lettuce and garlic into a microwave-safe bowl and add a crushed boullion cube. Add 1/4 cup water. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Puree mixture. Stir in 1/4 cup cottage cheese. Don't puree if you like the curd. Add more water if its too thick for your taste.
- Microwave on high for 2 more minutes.
- Season with ground black pepper and any other spices you wish.