Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I'm ok with this, but my family really really likes it.
- 2 pheasants, disjointed
- 1 lb bok choy or 1 lb Chinese cabbage, chopped in one inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 4 ounces soy sauce
- 6 ounces rice wine
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 4 ounces peanut oil
- 3 ounces fermented black beans
- Put Bok Choy and pheasant in a large sauce pan and add enough water to cover.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer forty minutes or until tender.
I have to agree with Iowahorse that this is OK, but DH loved it. I think that it had a bit too much oil in it so I would suggest to cut the amount in half. When I looked at the recipe I thought that all I needed to pick up at the store was the bok choy, I read the fermented black beans as black beans. So I was in a pinch... looked up fermented black beans on zaar and it said in a pinch you can use black bean sauce so that is what I did. Thanks Iowahorse for posting.