My mom gave me this recipe, which has been passed down from my aunt Jane.
Make and share this My Aunt Jane's Date Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Break up dates, cover with water, add 2 tespoons of lemon juice. Boil for 2 minutes. Add dates to cookie, fold cookie in half. Press edge with fork.
- Cream butter and sugar together well.
- Slowly mix in milk.
- Use a wooden spoon Mix all Dry ingredients together.
- Now slowly add to wet batter.
- Mix well.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut into 3 inch diameter round, the top of the large mayonnaise jar works well.
- Put on each round circle 1 tablespoon of dates, or how much you like.
- Bake on ungreased bake sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 8 - 10 minutes.
These cookies are delicious. They are crisp, tender, buttery and oh so flavorful. I loved the date filling, it was sweet, smooth and tangy. They are definitely worth the extra effort. Thanks for sharing a recipe that I will be making again.
Great tasting cookies.