Recipe by Cooker Man Dan
My mom gave me this recipe, which has been passed down from my aunt Jane.
Top Review by Baby Kato
These cookies are delicious. They are crisp, tender, buttery and oh so flavorful. I loved the date filling, it was sweet, smooth and tangy. They are definitely worth the extra effort. Thanks for sharing a recipe that I will be making again.
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups flour
- 4 cups oatmeal
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dates, 375 g
Directions See How It's Made
- Break up dates, cover with water, add 2 tespoons of lemon juice. Boil for 2 minutes. Add dates to cookie, fold cookie in half. Press edge with fork.
- Cream butter and sugar together well.
- Slowly mix in milk.
- Use a wooden spoon Mix all Dry ingredients together.
- Now slowly add to wet batter.
- Mix well.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut into 3 inch diameter round, the top of the large mayonnaise jar works well.
- Put on each round circle 1 tablespoon of dates, or how much you like.
- Bake on ungreased bake sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 8 - 10 minutes.