Freezer Date Cookies
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
5 1/2 dozen
- With an electric mixer, beat butter, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until blended.
- Stir in dates, coconut and walnuts.
- Form dough into two 1-1/2-inch rolls; wrap in wax paper or foil.
- Chill in freezer until firm enough to slice easily (about 2 hours) or for as long as 1 month.
- When ready to make, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease several cookie sheets.
- With sharp knife, cut rolls into 3/8-inch slices.
- Place slices on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!