Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An elegant entree in about 15 minutes - using ingredients you are likely to have on hand. Serve with mashed potatoes and a fresh veggie for a complete meal. From Bon Appetit.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 22.18 ml butter
- 78.07 ml shallot, finely chopped
- 78.07 ml dry vermouth
- 29.58 ml whole grain Dijon mustard
- 118.29 ml whipping cream
- 36.97 ml fresh tarragon, chopped
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breasts and sauté until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to platter.
- Tent with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Add shallots to same skillet and sauté 1 minute.
- Add vermouth and mustard and bring to simmer.
- Add cream and 1 1/2 tablespoons tarragon.
- Simmer until slightly thickened, stirring often, about 3 minutes.
- Return chicken and any accumulated juices to skillet.
- Simmer until chicken is heated through, about 1 minute.
- Transfer chicken and sauce to platter.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon tarragon and serve.