Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I *think* I got this recipe from a Yahoo group...regardless, it's yummy. I apologize that I can't credit the original chef, but thank you.
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 3 ripe papayas, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, finely diced
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar and mustard in 1-quart pan.
- Place over medium heat and bring to boil. Cook until liquid becomes syrupy.
- Add papayas and curry powder. Cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and mix in onion.
- Pack mixture into jar and refrigerate 1 week before using.
Great Chutney! I didn't realize that this was to sit in the fridge for a week before I had made it. I used some of it after chilling for 6 hours and it was still great...i can't wait to see how it tastes in a week! I added some dates to it and that was the only change i made. Wonderful flavors!!