In answer to a query on the threads
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat.
- 2Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the flour to make smooth, soft paste (called a'roux' in French) Put back on low heat and cook the flour for about 1 minute.
- 3Add about 1/4 of the milk and mix it in well with a whisk.
- 4When it is smooth mix in the remaining milk.
- 5Set the pan over moderately hot heat and bring to the boil;, whisking constantly.
- 6When the sauce bubbles and starts to thicken, reduce heat to very low, add dijon and sugar, stir in well, simmer for 5 minutes whisking well from time to time.
- 7Add the grated nutmeg and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (704 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 1.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g