Recipe by The Flying Chef
I love the sauce in this recipe it goes well with other meats I have served this with pork. I have not tried chicken but I am sure it would pair with that as well. It is quite an easy recipe to prepare and is not to time consuming apart from the marinating time which is not included in prep time.
- 2 racks of lamb, with 8 cutlets each
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch basil leaves, chopped coarsely
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard (or more if you prefer)
Basil Cream Sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 400 ml cream (can be light)
- 1 (20 g) bunch basil, chopped coarsely
- 1 -2 teaspoon cornflour, to thicken
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut lamb racks in half.
- Combine oil, basil and garlic in a large shallow dish, add cutlets and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Drain marinade reserving a little to bast over Lamb.
- Place lamb in oven proof dish bast with oil, garlic mix.
- Bake uncovered for about 20-25 min's or until cooked as desired.
- Slice lamb into 2 cutlet portions.
- Spread mustard over the top.
- Basil Cream sauce:.
- Whilst Lamb is cooking make the sauce.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onion and garlic, cook ,stirring, until soft.
- Add wine, simmer, uncovered until reduced by about half.
- Add stock cube and cream, bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Mix a little water with cornflour and add to sauce stir until sauce thickens.
- Add basil stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Serve Lamb with crispy potato slices some spinach and top with sauce.