Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is so easy to make and the way many of the higher end restaurants serve pork tenderloins, the mustard crust seals in the juices and tenderizes the meat. The tenderloins can go from moist to dry quickly, so to avoid this use a digital-read thermometer to register the tenderloins at 155 degrees. Your compnay will think they are dining in a fancy restaurant! If you are using a pork loin roast the cooking will need to be adjusted,
- 2 (1 lb) pork tenderloin (about 1-pound each)
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 cups lightly toasted breadcrumbs (use fresh breadcrumbs measure 2 cups before toasting)
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic or 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary or 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- cooking spray
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle the tenderloins generously with salt and pepper.
- Using a spatula spread the mustard all over the tenderloins.
- In a shallow bowl or plate mix the lightly toasted breadcrumbs with fresh garlic (or garlic powder) and rosemary, then dredge the meat in the breadcrumb mixture to coat all over (shake off any excess breadcrumbs).
- Prepare a baking sheet, and generously coat with cooking spray.
- Place the tenderloins on the baking sheet then spray the tops and sides of meat with cooking spray.
- Roast uncovered for about 25 minutes or until golden brown (if using a thermometer it should read 155 degreesF, they will continue to cook slightly after removing from the oven).
- Transfer the tenderloins to a platter and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the pork and serve.
I am a big dijon fan and I didnt like this recipe. My husband liked it a little bit but not me. I wont do it again...
Very nice! I'm a big Dijon fan and with this receipe, you really preserv the taste. I used steak spices instead of salt and pepper to season the meat and it turned out pretty good! I loved the crispiness of the breadcrumbs. TRY it, you'll love it!
What a delicious tenderloin recipe Kitten. Quick and easy to put together with simple ingredients, resulting in tender and moist pork with a zesty and flavorful crust. We really enjoyed this dish, which I served with mashed potatoes and green beans. Thanks so much for sharing a new family favourite.