mmmmm mussels, I prefer cultivated mussels because they don't have all the sand and gritty stuff that the regular ones do (cleaning is a breeze). Serves 4 as an appetizer or two for lunch...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil on a medium heat in a large saucepan with lid (large enough to hold the mussels).
- 2Add the garlic and cook stirring constantly for about one minute.
- 3Add the onion, celery, and tomato and cook until the onions and celery are tender.
- 4Salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Add the wine and cook an additional 10 minutes, adding water if required to prevent the sauce from becoming too thick.
- 6Add the mussels stirring to coat, cover, and cook until the shells open (5 to 10 minutes).
- 7Spoon the mussels and sauce into four bowls and sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mussels with Tomato and Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (608 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 827.6
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 190.9 mg
- Sodium 2007.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 84.6 g