Recipe by chia
adapted from gourmet 12/06, i made this tonite and loved it. very quick and easy, this makes an appy for 6-8 or a main course for me ( just kidding, sort of). serve this with lots of french bread, and with spoons for the sauce.
- 4 lbs mussels, cultivated
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed saffron thread
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- in a heavy pot with a lid heat olive oil.
- add onions, saffron, salt, stirring occasionally until onions are softened, 5-10 minutes.
- add wine and bring to a boil.
- stir in cream, pepper and mussels.
- cook, covered, until mussels start to open, 6-8 minutes.
- discard any unopened mussels, then stir parsley into finished dish.