Recipe by GinnyP
Top Review by Kozmic Blues
This was outstanding! My husband, who is NOT a big fan of cream sauces, loved this dish! The sauce, even with the addition of the creme fraiche at the end, was still nice and light and full of great flavor. I actually doubled it and made it with two pounds of mussels. I tend to like to add "heat" to my curry dishes, but I took your advise and kept the spices sweet and mild. I'm glad I did!
- 1 lb mussels, scrubbed,debearded
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (madras curry-sweet-not hot!)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup creme fraiche or 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a thin coat of olive oil in a pan over high heat.
- Add shallots, garlic, and curry powder and cook~~Without Browning~~.
- Add white wine.
- Bring to a boil; add mussels and cover.
- Cook until the mussels have opened.
- Then add creme fraiche and stir to incorporate.