Shannon in VA's Note:
Quick and easy use of mussels and white wine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrub and De-beard mussels, discard any that do not close to the touch.
- 2In large pot, add wine, shallots, garlic and mussels, bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat, cover and cook stirring occasionaly until mussels are opened (approx. 5 min).
- 4Meanwhile, pre-heat broiler, and broil whole grain baguette 3 minutes each side. Remove and wrap in aluminum foil to keep warm, set aside.
- 5Remove mussels with sloted spoon into indivikdual bowls, discard unopened mussels.
- 6Bring remaining liquid to boil, boil 2-3 minutes. Pour hot liquid over mussels.
- 7Arrange mixed greens on salad plate, drizzle with white wine vinegar and olive oil.
- 8Serve with crusty whole grain baguette.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mussels in Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (499 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.9
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 95.5 mg
- Sodium 987.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 41.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat baguette
white wine vinegar