Recipe by Shannon in VA
Quick and easy use of mussels and white wine
Top Review by I'mPat
I used 1K of mussels and added half a large red chilli and instead of shallots (due to dietary reasons) used spring onion/green onion (white part) but didn't serve with the sald but the DH and I really enjoyed the mussels, thanbk you Shannon in VA.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mussels
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup shallot (minced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 whole wheat baguette (thick sliced)
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1⁄2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub and De-beard mussels, discard any that do not close to the touch.
- In large pot, add wine, shallots, garlic and mussels, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook stirring occasionaly until mussels are opened (approx. 5 min).
- Meanwhile, pre-heat broiler, and broil whole grain baguette 3 minutes each side. Remove and wrap in aluminum foil to keep warm, set aside.
- Remove mussels with sloted spoon into indivikdual bowls, discard unopened mussels.
- Bring remaining liquid to boil, boil 2-3 minutes. Pour hot liquid over mussels.
- Arrange mixed greens on salad plate, drizzle with white wine vinegar and olive oil.
- Serve with crusty whole grain baguette.