Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick and easy use of mussels and white wine
Make and share this Mussels in Wine Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Scrub and De-beard mussels, discard any that do not close to the touch.
- In large pot, add wine, shallots, garlic and mussels, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook stirring occasionaly until mussels are opened (approx. 5 min).
- Meanwhile, pre-heat broiler, and broil whole grain baguette 3 minutes each side. Remove and wrap in aluminum foil to keep warm, set aside.
- Remove mussels with sloted spoon into indivikdual bowls, discard unopened mussels.
- Bring remaining liquid to boil, boil 2-3 minutes. Pour hot liquid over mussels.
- Arrange mixed greens on salad plate, drizzle with white wine vinegar and olive oil.
- Serve with crusty whole grain baguette.
I used 1K of mussels and added half a large red chilli and instead of shallots (due to dietary reasons) used spring onion/green onion (white part) but didn't serve with the sald but the DH and I really enjoyed the mussels, thanbk you Shannon in VA.