Recipe by morgainegeiser
This type of dish is popular all over Eastern Europe where mushrooms are one of their favorite vegetables. Sometimes this is served as a side dish and other times you can spoon it over bread or I like it over baked potatoes.
Top Review by Tisme
DH wanted a mushroom sauce that was creamy to serve with his steak.
This was just the thing..........Perfect!
I used fresh sliced mushrooms and everything else as per the recipe..........He loved it!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb mushroom, cut into quarters
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion (green and white parts)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and green onions. Cook, stirring frequently, 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour, broth, nutmeg, pepper and salt. Stir into mushrooms and onions.
- Stir in milk and then wine. Continue to cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Spoon into a serving dish.