Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Lowfat soup for the crockpot. Can substitute beef broth with vegetable stock to make vegetarian.
- 453.59 g sliced mushrooms
- 236.59 ml carrot, finely chopped
- 236.59 ml celery, finely chopped
- 236.59 ml onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 283.49 g can condensed beef broth
- 473.18 ml water
- 59.14 ml tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 29.58 ml red wine
- Combine all ingredients except wine in crockpot.
- Cook on low for 5-8 hours.
- Stir in red wine 15 minutes before serving.
- Remove bay leaf.
Very tasty and easy. I used low-sodium chicken broth instead of beef, and also for the water. Made for a great light supper, with bread and a salad.
I actually liked the weight watchers cabbage soup better than this.
This was a flavorful soup. I made it with beef broth and less celery because we don't like it that much. I didn't have red wine so I added a little brandy, It added a nice touch. I garnished this one with parsley, but honestly it didn't go very well with the beef. It would probably taste better with chicken broth. Next time I'll try using chicken broth and I'll add some herbs, I think thyme would be great. Made for Swizzle Chicks and ZWT6, Germany/Benelux.