A great vegetarian dish, could add chicken though and it would taste pretty good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups dry farfalle pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 garlic cloves (or a dash of garlic powder)
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped (or a dash of onion powder)
- olive oil (for skillet)
- 2 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup torn Baby Spinach
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (I just use a packet from the local pizza hut)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a pan and saute garlic and onions until golden brown (If using powders add with tomato).
- 3Once garlic and onions are golden brown, pour in olive oil (enough to cook with) and add chopped mushrooms and saute until browned.
- 4Toss in the tomato (and garlic and onion powders if in a hurry) along with the red pepper flakes and cook until properly done, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add torn baby spinach and Parmesan cheese and toss until evenly distributed and spinach is wilted. Once pasta is cooked, drain and toss in with veggie mix.
- 6Stir until everything is sufficiently mixed up. Serve immediately with extra Parmesan for sprinkling.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom, Tomato, and Spinach Bowties
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.9
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 34.9 mg
- Sodium 193.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 15.7 g