Recipe by tamibic
Nice creamy sauce with wonderful flavor, great over rice
Top Review by east coast nellie
I left out the sugar and added the juice of half a lemon (while stirring, very slowly) after the sour cream was added and warmed...I wanted something a little more savory to put over top of mashed potatoes and this was lovely. I used fresh tarragon, probably about 2TBSP or more. Very French-y ;) Thank you for sharing!
- 2 whole chicken breasts, split (bone in)
- 2 tablespoons flour, salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 sliced green onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture and brown on all sides in butter.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add onions, garlic and mushrooms to pan and cook until limp.
- Stir in sugar, tarragon and wine.
- Return chicken; cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Mix 1 teaspoon flour with sour cream and pour into pan; stir over med.
- heat until sauce thickens.
- Sprinkle with green onion.