Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Elegant and Yum.
Make and share this Mushroom & Swiss Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Saute mushrooms in butter in a medium saute pan until they shrink, about 5 minutes.
- Add onions and cook until they soften (3 minutes).
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant (2 minutes).
- Add sherry and let it reduce slightly (2 minutes).
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper.
- Add rice and toast, stirring for two minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a pot suitable for cooking rice with a tight-fitting lid and add 2 cups chicken broth.
- Bring to boil and then simmer for 12 minutes (or until rice is cooked).
- When rice is fullly cooked, add cheese and stir.