Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Elegant and Yum.
- 44.37 ml butter
- 226.79 g mushrooms, sliced
- 59.14 ml onion, finely minced
- 14.79 ml garlic, minced
- 59.14 ml dry sherry
- salt and pepper
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml white rice
- 177.44 ml swiss cheese, shredded
- Saute mushrooms in butter in a medium saute pan until they shrink, about 5 minutes.
- Add onions and cook until they soften (3 minutes).
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant (2 minutes).
- Add sherry and let it reduce slightly (2 minutes).
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper.
- Add rice and toast, stirring for two minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a pot suitable for cooking rice with a tight-fitting lid and add 2 cups chicken broth.
- Bring to boil and then simmer for 12 minutes (or until rice is cooked).
- When rice is fullly cooked, add cheese and stir.