Rhiannon and Matt's Note:
When Mushrooms are cheap make a batch of this & freeze what you don't want immediately. When slicing mushrooms, set one aside for garnish. From Charmaine Solomon's Complete Vegetarian Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g mushrooms, wiped & sliced
- 29.58 ml butter
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 29.58 ml parsley
- 4.92 ml miso
- 1419.54 ml vegetable stock or 1419.54 ml water
- 2 slice bread, crusts trimmed
- 118.29 ml evaporated milk
- thickened cream, to garnish
- 29.58 ml parsley or 29.58 ml chives, finely chopped, to garnish
- 1Melt butter in a heavy-based saucepan and cook the onions on low heat until soft.
- 2Add garlic, parsley and miso paste and stir for 3 minutes over moderate heat.
- 3Add mushrooms and cook, covered, over low heat for 8-10 minutes.
- 4Add stock and the bread and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- 5Cool slightly and puree in a blender.
- 6Reheat without boiling and stir in evaporated milk just before serving.
- 7Top each soup filled bowl with a teaspoon of thickened cream poured in a swirl from the tip of the teaspoon then draw the tip of a knife through the cream in spokes from the centre, to form a decorative "web".
- 8Sprinkle the chopped parsley or chives over and lay a thin slice of mushroom on top.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Soup With Miso
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: