Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Saute' mushrooms in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender Reduce heat to low; sprinkle mushrooms mixture with flour, and cook,.
- stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Whisk in broth and half-and-half.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring often.
- Stir in cheese, salt, and pepper; simmer 2 minutes.
- Serve warm over chicken, pork, beef, or seafood.
- Makes 2 cups.
Excellant mushroom sauce, used it as a side with wrapped pork chops over poiled red potatoes. The sauce really complemented the potatoes and was raved over by all at the table. Thanks for posting I will be making it again
This was delicious! We served this over rice. The only addition was some fresh thyme and italian parsley. Thanks for posting!
Smothered this on baked chicken and garlic roasted mashed potatoes. Y.U.M.