Recipe by Ben's Mom
This was a recipe I found in BHG. It is very easy to make and tastes fabulous over mashed potatoes. Would be great to serve w/ a nice steak for the meat eaters.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms. Cook stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until browned,.
- Add shallot, cook 2 minutes.
- Add dried tomatoes, thyme, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Add wine or chicken broth. Cook and stir, scraping up brown bits from pan.
- Add cream. Bring to boiling.
- Simmer, uncovered 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.