1/1 Photo of Mushroom Risotto With Dried Porcini and Shiitake Mushrooms
The risotto is made using the traditional slow-stirring method, and finished with freshly ground black pepper and Parmesan cheese. Shiitake mushrooms offer a wonderful woodsy taste and are a great compliment to the earthy dried porcini mushrooms. This risotto would be wonderful with a grilled steak and a green salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare porcini mushrooms: Place dried porcini mushrooms in a bowl with 1 cup boiling water. Weight down the mushrooms with something so they stay submerged for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, squeeze mushrooms (saving all liquid) and chop porcini mushrooms coarsely.
- 2Prepare shiitake mushrooms: Heat 1 T. of the butter in a saute pan. Saute sliced mushroom tops about 5 minutes until soft.
- 3Set mushrooms aside.
- 4Meanwhile, heat beef broth in a saucepan just to simmering point. Add to this the retained mushroom liquid so that you have about 4 cups simmering broth.
- 5In a separate pan, heat olive oil and the remaining 2 T. butter. Saute onions for about 8 minutes until tender and translucent (but not brown).
- 6Add rice to onion mixture; stir and cook about 4 minutes until rice is well coated and has turned opaque white.
- 7Add wine to onion/rice mixture; stir and allow to evaporate.
- 8Add chopped porcini mushrooms (don't add shiitake yet), along with 1 cup simmering broth. Stir and cook until this liquid has evaporated. Then add another 1 cup broth; stir and simmer. Repeat until rice is tender, which will take about 18-20 minutes. You may have some liquid remaining.
- 9When the risotto is done cooking, add shiitake mushrooms, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Top with chopped parsley. Serve.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Risotto With Dried Porcini and Shiitake Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.6
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 670.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: