Dried Porcini and Shiitake Mushroom Risotto (EASY)
photo by mickeydownunder
- Ready In:
- 100 g arborio rice
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 15 g dried porcini mushrooms, rehydrated**
- 15 g dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated***
- 150 ml white wine
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 100 ml shiitake mushroom water
- 50 g parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 pinch sea salt
- black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 tablespoon garlic paste
- 90 ml cream
- Rehydrate the mushrooms.
- Heat pan, add olive oil. Sauté red unions and mushrooms in oil.
- Add washed rice and garlic and garlic paste.
- Add wine, chicken stock, shiitake mushroom water and salt.
- Cook S-L-O-W-L-Y until rice is cooked (12-14 minutes); stirring frequently.
- Add cream and cheese, season and ENJOY!
- NOTE: If the sauce is too thick, can always add more chicken stock or wine.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>G'day! I'm 51, married, born and bred in NY, am now an Aussie who calls Australia home! I love animals, nature, reading, entering competitions and consider myself S-P-O-N-T-A-N-E-O-U-S and B-U-B-B-L-Y in my personality! I am quite FASCINATED with people and things U-N-I-Q-U-E, JUST like ME! I am VERY P-A-S-S-I-O-N-A-T-E about cooking and trying recipes from all world cusines! I LOVE to eat and enjoy our South Australian red wine! :)I have started a Home Cook blog which I am EXTREMELY P-A-S-S-I-O-N-A-T-E about called What's On The List? and I hope to be able to inspire people around the world one recipe and one event at a time too! http://whatsonthelist.net So come on over and please let me know what you think too!WHOO HOO WHOO HOO!</p>