Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is one of the first dishes I cooked when I first got married. 'Real' risotto seemed too complicated. This recipe is pretty easy. The ingredients are so simple, but the dish is delicious. I had trouble giving an amount for the mushrooms. You have to decide how strong you want the mushroom taste to be. I often sprinkle the dish with a bit of fresh chopped parsley just before serving.
- 1⁄2-1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups broth
- 1⁄2-1 cup mushroom, finely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- salt, pepper
- Add oil, butter, onions and rice to a pot and slowly sweat until rice starts getting translucent.
- Add broth. Any kind will be fine. Simmer on low. Keep checking to see if you have to add more broth or water.
- Once the rice is done mix in the cheese and mushrooms.(If you chop them really fine, they will kind of melt into the rice and not taste raw). You might have to add a bit more broth or water.
- Add salt and pepper, taste and adjust seasoning.
Enjoyed this risotto. I had to use more broth. I think with some additional herbs/seasonings this could be five stars for sure.
For me, the texture was like a risotto. It was very creamy. I loved it. I used half a red onion. Chicken broth, I think I used in total 4 cups of it. But each time I added 1/2 cup at a time. I used 1 cup of mushrooms finely chopped and then let cook 10 minutes. For us, it's more than 2 servings. I have leftover. For us that's probably 4-6 servings. Thanks Bellinda :) Made for 123 hit wonders
We really enjoyed this. I used Basmati rice and portabella mushrooms along with red onion. I chose chicken broth which worked well for us. A very nice dish. Thanks for sharing. :)