Recipe by Czarina's Cookbook
Found this on the packaging box of Mikuni Whild Rarvest mushroom blend from Whole Foods and tried it out but i added the onion for added taste. I encourage you to taste between adding the sherry vinegar and the lemon to make sure you like it. I recommend mixing with orzo pasta!
- 1 lb mushroom, mix (i'd suggest using small wild mushrooms or chopped in small pieces)
- 25 -35 g butter
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 250 ml cream or 250 ml half-and-half
- 1 bunch chopped fresh herb, to taste (I used Thyme, Rosemary, Sage)
- 5 ml sherry wine vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 ml fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saute pan (1/2") turn heat to med-high. Add butter right away and begin to heat.
- Once foaming add onions and saute them until they're translucid (2-3 min).
- Add mushrooms and saute until golden brown, approx 3 minute Add white wine and simmer for 50 seconds or so.
- Add cream and continue to cook and stir until liquid reduces by 1/2 of original volume. Season with salt and pepper. Finally, splash the sherry wine and squeeze the lecom juice and fresh chopped herbs and stil to incorporate flavors.
- Can be served on a brioche, with crostini, mixed in pasta, as a side dish for chicken or beef.