Recipe by Oolala
From The Clemson Collection which is a compilation cookbook from the South Carolina University. This was submitted by Jacuelynne Pilo in 1973. The recipe states that this goes well with baked fish.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine, can use cognac
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and saute onions until transparent. Add sliced mushrooms and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add flour, cream and bring to a boil while stirring.
- Now stir in the sherry, salt and pepper. Cool while making the pastry.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line an 8" glass pie plate with one of the pastry sheets. Turn the cooled mushroom mixture into pastry lined plate.
- Arrnage a lattice top with the other premade pastry sheet by cutting stips with a pizza cutter. Bake about 20 minutes, or until pastry is browned.