Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Got a craving for a savoury snack to nibble on or something different to have for bunch with friends? Here's the recipe for you. It's low fat and full of vitamins!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, chopped
- 300 g mushrooms, chopped
- 4 teaspoons white wine or 4 teaspoons water
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 large flour tortillas, cut into 8 wedges each
- cooking spray
- lemon pepper
- sea salt
- In a large, deep fry pan, add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring for 2 minutes - without browning.
- Add mushrooms and wine (or water). Cook for 1 minute then cover and simmer for 5 minutes stirring once or twice. Remove the lid and increase the heat to evaporate liquid.
- Place the mushroom mix, breadcrumbs, herbs and lemon juice in a food processor. Process until smooth and season well with salt and black pepper.
- Spoon into serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow flavours to develop (great if left over night).
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place tortilla wedges on a large baking tray and lightly spray with oil. Lightly sprinkle with salt and lemon pepper.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until crisp.
- Serve with the pate.
- Notes: 2 slices of wholemeal bread, crusts removed, will yield about 1 cup of crumbs. Left over chips can be frozen, just re crisp them in a preheated oven at 170°C (325°F) for 5 minutes. DO NOT OVER USE SALT. Use as sparingly as possible.