Recipe by thistleridge
Awesome, easy and elegant! I've used this for years and always get rave reviews. I make it the day before to save time party day.
Top Review by Chef Big Al
i also used boursin cheese and white wine instead of cream cheese and chicken stock. I had everyone asking me for the recipe and they were amazed how easy something so good was.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor chop mushrooms, garlic and scallions.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter and add chopped items.
- Sauté till soft.
- Add chicken stock and cook on high till all the liquid has evaporated.
- Combine cream cheese and 2 tbsp butter in food processor.
- Add mushroom mixture and process till combined.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put in crock or container and refrigerate till ready to serve.